When you search “how to increase upload limit on WordPress”, mostly listed as solution below:
– edit /etc/php.ini file with relevant lines
memory_limit = 100M post_max_size =100M file_uploads = On upload_max_filesize = 100M
– edit the .htaccess file in my wordpress base directory with:
php_value upload_max_filesize 100M php_value post_max_size 100M php_value memory_limit 100M
– edit the wordpress wp-config.php file with
near the top of the file.
But if you are working on WordPress Multisite all these suggestions are useless. The working solution is:
- Get to the Network Admin page.
- Click on “Settings” in the admin panel on the left hand side of the screen.
- Near the bottom of this page is a section called “Upload Settings”. Find it.
- There is a field for “Max Upload File Size”. The units are KB.
- Convert your intended file size into KB. (100MB = 100 * 1024 * 1024KB = 104857600KB)
- save changes at the bottom and test for sanity.